Monday, April 16, 2012

12 Weeks to Mommyhood

28 weeks and 12 to go to being a mommy! There is so much to do and so much to think about. What doctor to see, family doctor or pediatrician? Preparing for labor, taking classes, setting up the babies room, and getting the house in order. I am extremely excited and scared all at once, but just taking one item at a time and making decisions.

I have had two wonderful family baby showers and am feeling extremely blessed. God has put wonderful people around us that have really been there for us.

As for carrying a child, it has been a very enjoyable experience. Well, all but how much this child moves. I think she is using me as a punching bag, which I do not appreciate :) I know many women enjoy thee feeling of their baby moving around in their tummy, but when most of them feel well...painful... It takes a bit of the joy away. But, I know it's the good Lord's way of letting me know she's alive and well!

This week is my last 4 week appointment and glucose testing and then we are down two every two weeks. It is going by so fast (although I'm sure the hot summer days ahead and my growing tummy will make the time pass by a bit slower).

My sister Carolyn is due in 4 short weeks, which is also so amazing to me. My first nephew! I keep praying everyday for a safe delivery for her. What a wonderful thing to enjoy being mom's together.

For me 12 weeks until I meet Katherine "Kate" Hope Madison!

1 comment:

  1. only 12 weeks left?!?! I guess really its 10 now....wow time has flown by!!

    ReplyDelete