Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Soon You Can Call Me Mommy!

In less than 3 weeks I get to be a mommy! That is the most amazing and unbelievable thing I have ever heard :) God has protected me through this pregnancy, given me peace, joy and health. I have been so blessed not to have morning sickness or major aches and pains. Now I ask him to grant favor to have this child naturally with no medical intervention and without being induced. The number of women who have to be induced is amazing to me. Rarely do I meet a woman who went into labor on her own. It makes me wonder what causes that?

The nursery is almost done, we have almost everything put together (now we just need 35 thousand batteries for all the different swinging, rocking, vibrating and musical gadgets that are ALL over the house). When parents told us to buy stock in batteries they weren't kidding :)

We have wonderful friends who have offered so much help and meals after Kate arrives and I am very grateful for that. The hardest part about this entire pregnancy is not having any family around us to share in it or to help. I hate that I am missing time with my first nephew Jackson, and he will not be around to grow up with his cousin Kate, especially when they are so close in age. I don't love technology because I think it is mistreated and takes away from person to person interaction, but I am so thankful for Facetime to talk with my family and say hi to Jackson and watch him grow.

Not only is he growing, but it has been amazing to watch my sister grow. She has become more nurturing and patient, loving and has more of an ease about her. Amazing what a child can do to soften us and bring a new understanding of love and patience into our lives.

I am now just waiting for this child to show up, a walk in the morning before the heat, doctors appointments, cleaning the house top to bottom, ordering the last of the needed baby items, and waiting. At 37 1/2 weeks there is not much else to do, mobility is limited :) Most days I am just ready to meet her not worrying about the process in which she will enter the world, then there are other days when I get a tiny knot in my stomach as I think about what I will endure to meet her. I keep reminding myself that God has blessed this pregnancy, it was in his timing and women do this every day. The end result is a baby, a daughter to raise and love.

I can't wait to watch Steve with her, changing her diaper, feeding her, rocking her, and taking her on dates teaching her how a man should treat her. To raise up a fully devoted follower of Christ. To be challenged in who I am because now I am accountable to a little impressionable girl who will look at her parents and everything we do and say. Have I mentioned my WHOLE life will change in less than 3 weeks??? (Well....if she shows up on time).

Time for my walk, and as much productivity as I can before I need a nap :)




No comments:

Post a Comment