Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Maker of All Things...A Mystery to Me

I haven't spent nearly enough time in the Word these days. Having a baby makes that very difficult, but increasingly important. God is my strength, my provider, the giver of life and endurance. The one who can give me peace when my baby cries, is sick, can't sleep at night. He is the one I go to every day and night asking for blessings upon Kate. Asking Him to make her a sweet and loving follower of Christ. Someone who is strong, and independent, yet knows how to ask for help. Someone who can have fun and laugh with others and laugh at herself. I ask God to giver her sweet sleep each night. I THANK God each night for the blessings that she is to me.

So how can I continue to go to God asking Him for things when I do not take the time I need with Him each day?

Well first I understand that there is a time of grace for a new mother when things aren't as they were before. I know that for a season, prayer and worship were my avenues to God and not as much Scripture. I also know that God has pressed upon my heart the need to dig in again. To dig deeper than before and truly be prepared to raise my baby as a follower of Christ. To help her become the woman I am praying for.

I am amazed that God would still answer my prayers even when I am far away. It is a mystery to me, and yet I clearly understand that He died for me so that I may live an imperfect life that will still see Him face to face one day.

Ecclesiastes 11:5 says, "As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body was formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, Maker of all things."

God allowed Steve and I to be part of the most amazing creation of a sweet baby. I am still in awe of how that baby came to be, and how they grow and develop not only in the womb, but each day on this earth. I will never understand how that occurs, but I will always understand who made it happen.

I know who gave me that child, I know who answered my prayers during pregnancy and labor and delivery. I know who is in control. I know hos much HE LOVES ME. I just wanted to take a moment and acknowledge that.

To Him be the Glory!



No comments:

Post a Comment