Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Change




I have been reading so much lately about how to eat and cook healthier. It is almost an obsession I must say :) I am starting week three of my liver detox as I type and I haven't felt this good in such a long time! I thought I would miss so many foods, but I have found that I really don't miss them at all. My three favorite reads on the subject are Now Eat This!, by Rocco Dispirito, Eat This and Live, by Don Colbert and Nourishing Traditions, by Sally Fallon. I can't wait to try some of the recipes using good ol' healthy living fresh foods.

I must say there are some facts in some of these books about our food that I find quite disturbing and wonder did I really want to know what I was eating or just enjoy it.

I am realizing everyday how the way we make life easier and make food faster is making us live shorter unhealthy lives and I don't want to be a part of that anymore. Now I know some would say "you only have one life so live it", but we are also called to take care of the one body we have. It doesn't mean you don't ever get great tasting food and the occasional dessert, but not all the time.

I can't wait to dig into all this information and start changing and cooking wonderful new things, Suzie Homemaker here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment